Useful information before the departure
Dear passenger, thank you for choosing Adria Ferries for your next trip to or from Albania.
Before boarding, we would like to draw your attention to a few simple procedures to follow, in order to avoid setbacks or unpleasant inconveniences during check-in and subsequent boarding.
- Check your ticket. Before traveling to the port of departure, pay attention to the date, time and ship for which you purchased the ticket. We remind you that tickets are nominal and refer to a specific trip. In case of errors or mishaps for which the company is not responsible, the name / date change on the day of departure involves penalties up to 100% of the cost of the ticket.
- Check-in. All passengers must check-in in order to obtain the boarding pass that allows them to pass the subsequent security and border police checks, before boarding the Adria Ferries ships. Check-in operations take place inside the maritime station of the port of departure and are carried out by the staff of the Port Agent. Check-in is strictly closed one hour before the scheduled departure time and it is not possible to carry out any operations after this time.
- Travel documents. Remember that in order to travel, a valid travel document suitable for expatriation is always required. All passengers, including infants, must be equipped with them and the same applies to accompanied vehicles, goods in tow and four-legged friends that Adria Ferries is happy to have as guests on board. Pregnant women will not be accepted for boarding if they have already completed the 24th week. Passengers who have not completed the 24th week are required to submit a written communication to the onboard personnel, presenting a medical certificate issued no later than 72 hours prior to departure.
- Boarding. It is advisable to arrive at the port at least 3 hours before departure time bearing in mind, especially in the high season summer periods, that traffic and congestion of vehicles on the motorway and in the port area can cause slowdowns to your journey towards the maritime station. Once you have checked in and obtained your boarding passes, go to the area dedicated to security checks and keep your documents and boarding pass at hand. Follow the directions for the access ramps to the ship: our staff will ask you for your documents and boarding pass and will show you how to reach the on-board reception or your accommodation. Carriers and tour operators provide free assistance to people with disabilities and people with reduced mobility in ports and on board ships, including during embarkation and disembarkation. Persons with disabilities and persons with reduced mobility must notify the carrier, at the time of booking or advance ticket purchase, of their specific needs for accommodation, seating, required services or the need to carry medical devices.
- 4-legged friends. If the accommodation you have booked is not such, we would like to point out that on board all the ships in our fleet there are spaces reserved for dogs and cats that can be used free of charge. On the AF Claudia these spaces are located on deck 7, on the AF Marina on deck 9 and on the AF Francesca on deck 8.
- Conditions of transport. Remember and check the Company's conditions of transport, which can be consulted on the website www.adriaferries.com, especially the conditions relating to cancellations and changes in tickets.
- EU Regulation 1177/2010. The minimum rights of passengers traveling by sea and inland waterways are contained in Regulation (EU) no. 1177/2010 which provides for information charges to be borne by the carrier and specific rights, for example in the event of delays in departure, delays in arrival, cancellation of departures, changes in itineraries. In the event of cancellation or delay in departure, passengers have the right to be informed of the delay or cancellation by the carrier or terminal operator no later than thirty minutes after the scheduled departure time and the time of departure and arrival. provided as soon as this information is available. In the event of a delay of more than ninety minutes or a cancellation of a passenger service or a cruise, passengers are offered free snacks, meals or drinks in reasonable relation to the waiting time. Furthermore, passengers can choose between:
- alternative transport to the final destination under similar conditions, as soon as possible and at no extra charge;
- reimbursement of the ticket price and, where appropriate, free return to the first departure point indicated in the transport contract, as soon as possible.
Passengers have the right to request partial economic compensation of the ticket price in case of delay in arrival at the final destination, according to the criteria described in detail in the EU Reg. 1177/2010.
CLICK HERE FOR THE ALBANIAN VERSION